Monday, August 31, 2009

Chris McDonald ramps up for Kona

Hi Guys ,Well the lead up to Ironman Wisconsin has flown by but I could not be happier with how things have come along since Challenge Roth .I have been based back in boulder CO for the entire build towards the race in Madison and put in some great training. This past weekend I had my final hit out before the race at the Windsor Olympic distance triathlon . A cool rainy day greeted us race morning but nothing to miserable .I had a solid swim to come out of the water in 2nd place roughly 30 sec down . Once onto the bike I went about the job at hand and managed to take the lead at around the 15km and then push hard to build a lead of around 1 min on the chaser Eric bell , I took the extra time to put on a pair of socks in transition.... with IM only two weeks away I really didn't want any blisters .Onto the run now and I held the lead through about the 4-5km mark when eventual winner Eric came up on me. I even tried blocking the path with the wing span to stop the pass :-)I finished it up in 2nd place and was very happy with how the body felt after the last block of Ironman training .Now I look forward to a nice easy two weeks into Madison for the next Ironman.thanks for all your supportwww.twitter.com/bigsexymcdonald
http://www.trimacca.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment