Saturday, September 26, 2009

Professional Athlete Ali Shanks checks in.....

Hey Team

Just thought I would keep you up to date with what I've been up to this week. Below are links to two articles that featured in the ODT today.
One about Craig and I doing the Rail Trail 100 race this weekend and the second about a breakfast talk I did in Alexandra yesterday to 50 high school captains.
http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cycling/75029/cycling-shanks-saddle-classic

http://www.odt.co.nz/your-town/alexandra/75030/shanks-offers-inspiration

It's a busy week with another talk tomorrow morning as part of the Dunedin version of the Otago Secondary Sport Association Captain breakfast (which I'm told there is 120 expected) and then I'll be on the Classic Hits Breakfast show on Friday morning,having a yarn and helping to promote the Rail Trail 100 adventure ride which is a major fundraiser for Cycling Otago and happening this Sunday. I'm just hoping the southerly blows through by then, apparently last year they had snow!!!!

Next week I'm heading up to Christchurch to do a breakfast talk with Rainbow Print. "Going for Gold with Rainbow Print and Ali Shanks". It will be great to see the Rainbow team again and I'm looking forward to sharing my story and photos with them all.

Next week finishes off with an engagement as dinner speaker at the Registered Electricians annual conference on next Thursday night in the Dunedin Town Hall.

Also, most importantly training is going really well, the weather has been great up until now today - where it is currently 6deg and I have the fire on! I'm starting to decrease the km's a bit now and increase the intensity (the hurt sessions) as I gear up for first National track camp of the season in two weeks time in Invercargill.
That's all for now. I've been using twitter lately as a communication tool so you can follow what's happening on a daily basis through that if you wish. It is linked to the front page of my website.

Regards

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment