Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Becky Lavelle Chicago Tri Race Report

august 30 . 2009Chicago Triathlon ~ 3rd

Whew, the last 10 days were a blast! I spent time in New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Chicago. I was in New Hampshire for 4 days doing a photo shoot/product review for TYR's 2010 line. I had so much fun hanging out with all of the great people that work for TYR as well as Andy Potts, Chrissie Wellington, TJ Tollakson and Magli Tisseyre. We stayed at a cabin on a beautiful lake in the middle of New Hampshire with no cell coverage, which was actually really nice. :) The days were filled with different photo shoots, testing out new TYR products, helping design future TYR products, going for swims in the lake and runs along the country roads, doing beach relay TYR Olympics (I was sore for 3 days after doing the wheel barrel race on sand!), picking fresh blueberries and eating great food. TYR took good care of us! JFrom there I went to my hometown of Minnetonka, MN to visit my family and friends. We also had a Jenny's Light board meeting and talked about our latest project... reviewing grant applications for postpartum depression awareness initiatives that we will be funding. Saturday morning I drove from Minneapolis to Chicago with my parents. What should have been a 6 hour drive turned into a 8+ hour drive…gotta love Chicago traffic! I made it just in time for the pro meeting. Chicago is definitely one of my favorite cities... if not my favorite city to visit! The weather was perfect all weekend (65-70 degrees & sunny and windy of course!) and I stayed with my parents and brother in an amazing condo right off Lakeshore Dr near Millennium Park. I believe this was my 12th time racing in Chicago and I've enjoy it each and every time. I got off to a pretty good start on the feet of the leaders during the swim. Unfortunately I lost contact about halfway through and came out of the water in 4th, about :20 down. The first lap of the bike was tough as I had a hard time finding my rhythm and the headwind was brutal. The second lap felt much better and I picked up the pace a bit. I came off the bike in 2nd, about :30 down from Sarah Haskins. I felt okay on the run but I seemed to be stuck in my half Ironman pace and couldn't go much faster. I think it's time to work on some more speed! Anyway, I was really happy to get on the podium again with a 3rd place finish. I am also currently leading the Toyota Cup Series.Next up is Malibu Triathlon on Sept 12th.

Thank you again for your support… I am proud to represent ISM!
All the best,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment